Leonard, Street and Deinard’s Transportation Law practice group represents railroads, airlines and motor carriers, as well as shippers that make use of transportation services and equipment manufacturers.
Our attorneys have a wealth of experience representing transportation
- Regulatory compliance counseling.
- Day-to-day operational issues.
- Specialized issues, such as transportation of hazardous materials.
- Transactions, including acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, financing and real estate conveyances.
- Contracts, including transportation contracts, vendor-supply and inter-carrier agreements, track abandonments and line relocations.
- Surface Transportation Board appearances, including rate reasonableness challenges, abandonments and discontinuances, acquisition, control, merger, consolidation project, trackage rights, lease and construction proceedings.
- U.S. Department of Transportation appearances, including economic regulatory proceedings such as application for operating authority and licensing foreign airlines to commence U.S. operations.
- Litigation before federal and state courts and using alternative dispute resolution procedures, including contract and commercial disputes, product liability, cargo loss and tort claims, Airline Clearing House billing disputes, patent and trademark infringement claims and eminent domain proceedings.
- Federal Aviation Administration appearances, including hazardous material enforcement proceedings.
- National Transportation Safety Board appearances regarding accident investigations.
- Government relations with several state legislatures and local units of government.
- Assistance with labor and employment matters and benefits issues unique to the transportation industry, including assistance with OSHA whistle-blower provisions.
Representative transportation carrier clients include:
- Canadian Pacific Railway Company
- Soo Line Railroad Company
- Delaware and Hudson Railway Company
- Anacostia & Pacific Company and its affiliates:
- Chicago Southshore & South Bend Railroad
- Louisville & Indiana Railroad
- New York & Atlantic Railway
- Northern Lines Railway
- Pacific Harbor Line
- Cloquet Terminal Railroad Company
- Northwest Airlines
- Roehl Transport, Inc.
- Jefferson Lines
Representative shipping clients include:
- NRG Energy Inc.
- Sappi Fine Paper North America
- Excelsior Energy
Phone: 612.335.1500 Copyright © 1999 - 2013 Leonard, Street and Deinard