Leonard, Street and Deinard’s Mining and Mineral Management team is proud to serve as trusted partner to a variety of members of the mining community, including those involved in mineral management and the mining industry. These partnerships range from mineral owners to exploration/mining companies, including some of the largest mining companies in the world. Given the wide variety of our relationships, our team, which includes attorneys specializing in environmental, real estate, corporate, tax and energy law, offer experience in the many different aspects of this industry, including:
- Corporate mergers and acquisitions, with focused attention to diligence issues unique to the mining industry.
- Negotiation and drafting of mineral and mining leases.
- Exercise and protection of outstanding and reserved mineral rights.
- Evaluation of unified, severed and fractional surface and mineral estates.
- Mineral exploration and prospecting on private, state and federal lands.
- Examination of mineral and real estate titles.
- Assessment of “valuable mineral deposit” determinations.
- Financial and tax implications of mining.
- Governmental relations and lobbying.
- Community relations.
- Environmental review (NEPA).
- Greenhouse gas (CO2) management.
- Permitting and compliance at federal, state and local levels.
- Litigation affecting mining projects, including environmental review challenges, permitting challenges, challenges to rules and ordinances, and enforcement proceedings.
Phone: 612.335.1500 Copyright © 1999 - 2013 Leonard, Street and Deinard