Owners and executives of closely held and family-owned businesses should know that early strategic planning can put them in better control of their eventual business transition. This forward-thinking approach is the focus of the first event from Project: Business, a new program of annual presentations presented by Leonard, Street and Deinard and William Mitchell College of Law’s Center for Law and Business:
“Heading for the Exit: Designing a Strategy for Transitioning Your Business”
- Thursday, May 17, 3-6 p.m. (a reception follows)
- William Mitchell College of Law Auditorium
The multi-faceted program features:
- A panel of local business leaders, including Brad Rixmann, CEO/Owner of Pawn America, PayDay America and CashPass Network; Lee Jones, CEO of MikrobEX Inc.; and Bob Stewart, Partner at Platinum Group, who will share their experiences developing transition strategies for their businesses. Leonard, Street and Deinard private business attorney Scott Erickson will moderate the panel.
- A discussion led by Leonard, Street and Deinard private business attorneys Jim Sticha and Aaron Crandall and William Mitchell Professor Thuy Vo on important steps to take to prepare your business for an eventual transition.
- A brief update on legislation affecting private businesses from Paul Cassidy, Director of Government Relations at Leonard, Street and Deinard.
This event is by invitation only. For more information, please contact Jessica Blume at 612.335.1490.