150 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
William Greene practices in the areas of Antitrust Law and Business and Commercial Litigation. Chair of the firm’s Antitrust Group, Bill currently represents companies in a number of national antitrust class action cases. Bill also has a wealth of experience in class action cases involving financial services companies, and has represented clients in commercial litigation involving hundreds of millions of dollars in alleged damages. Before joining Leonard, Street and Deinard, Bill served as an assistant attorney general for the State of New York, where he tried jury cases involving felony charges of investment fraud.
Bill also leads the firm’s E-Discovery Group, a team of attorneys and technology specialists who guide clients through the challenges and opportunities presented by this increasingly important area of law. During the 2009 fall semester, he taught one of the nation’s first law school courses on electronic discovery at William Mitchell College of Law.
Bill has been named among The Best Lawyers in America in commercial litigation and antitrust litigation, and is listed as a Minnesota “Litigation Star” in Benchmark Litigation.
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Sedona Conference Working Group on Electronic Discovery
- Editorial Board, Annual Review of Antitrust Law Developments (2012-2013), ABA Section of Antitrust Law
- Past chair, Minnesota State Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section
He is a contributing author of the ABA Antitrust Section’s State Antitrust Practice and Statutes, now in its fourth edition.
- J.D., cum laude, Harvard Law School, 1985
- M.P.A./J.D., Economics and Public Policy, Princeton University, 1983
- B.A., with honors, University of Chicago, 1980
- State of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin