150 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Business and Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Product Liability
- Public Companies and Securities
Tim Griffin is a trial, appellate and regulatory lawyer. His experience includes an array of matters involving product liability, financial services, and other commercial and tort claims.
Tim has represented manufacturers as national, regional and local counsel in individual and coordinated product liability actions. The following examples illustrate Tim’s recent products liability experience:
- Minnesota counsel for medical technology companies.
- National coordinating and trial counsel for electrical products manufacturer in cases involving electrocution, flash burns, and fire resulting in personal injury, wrongful death and property loss.
- Trial counsel for manufacturer of pressurized tank involved in explosion and death.
Tim has represented broker-dealers, investors, and insurance companies in court, arbitration and regulatory proceedings. The following examples illustrate Tim’s recent financial service industry experience:
- Minnesota counsel for national broker-dealer in litigation/arbitrations involving customer disputes.
- Trial counsel for publicly-held investor in FINRA arbitration seeking rescission of illiquid auction rate securities. The investor retained the securities and received more than $50 million in damages.
- Counsel for associated person in FINRA regulatory investigation involving alleged selling away.
- Trial counsel for customer against investment advisor and clearing firm in FINRA arbitration for failure to timely execute multi-million dollar charitable donation of certificated stock.
- Trial counsel for hedge funds in asset backed lending litigation.
The following examples illustrate Tim’s other commercial and tort claim experience:
- Minnesota counsel for national sports franchise in trademark infringement action.
- Trial counsel for national insurance company in trademark infringement action.
Tim is the Assistant Chair of the firm’s Financial Services and Class Actions practice group and is an active member of several legal organizations. He also serves on the Board of Directors of the ACLU of Minnesota. He has litigated several First Amendment free speech cases, and his experience and success has resulted in multiple nominations and honors. Tim has been awarded the firm’s Pro Bono Award, selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers®-Rising Stars multiple times and has received the Minnesota Hispanic Bar Association’s Courage in Leadership Award. Prior to joining the firm, Tim clerked for the Honorable Bruce M. Van Sickle of the U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota.
- J.D., Hamline University School of Law, 1998
Commercial Law concentration
Editor, Hamline Law Review
- B.S., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1993
- State of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit