150 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Steve Mayeron represents clients in a wide variety of real estate and commercial finance transactions, with a concentration in secured financing transactions. Much of Steve’s finance practice focuses on secured lending and structured finance transactions in the energy industry, including the development and financing of wind, solar, biofuel and other energy facilities. Steve has experience with a wide range of finance structures, including mortgage debt, taxable and tax-exempt bonds, and leasing structures. Steve also has extensive experience in commercial real estate development, particularly in the retail industry. He is an MSBA Board Certified Real Property Law Specialist.
Recent Representative Transactions
- Represented developer in final stages of development and tax equity financing of 19 MW biomass power facility located in California.
- U.S. real estate counsel to purchaser of portfolio of U.S. and Canadian power plant assets totaling over $1 billion.
- Minnesota counsel to construction lender and lessor in connection with $59,000,000 construction loan and sale leaseback financing of 25 MW wind project, involving one of the first sale leaseback financings of a wind project in the country.
- Represented to lender in connection with loan work-out and refinancing of 30 million gallon per year biodiesel facility.
- Regularly represent to Midwestern-based utility company in connection with multiple bond issues under two utility mortgage indentures.
- Represented private investment firm in connection with a $500 million credit facility to finance the acquisition of multiple commercial real estate and mortgage loan assets.
- Represented to underwriter in connection with the issuance of municipal tax-exempt solid waste recycling bonds to finance construction of multiple ethanol production facilities.
- Represented municipal bond issuer in connection with the issuance of tax-exempt solid waste recycling bonds to finance the construction of a glass sorting and recycling facility.
- Represented three national retailers and restaurant chains in new store development across the U.S.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Energy Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- J.D., magna cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law, 1998
- B.A., University of Minnesota, 1992
- State of Minnesota, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 1998