150 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Sidney Kaplan is a member of Leonard, Street and Deinard’s Estate Planning group. He advises individuals and businesses across all areas of estate, tax, charitable, trust, business planning and estate administration.
Until 2012, Sid was a trustee of the Minnesota Medical Foundation and served as secretary and on the foundation’s executive committee. He has served as a board member and president of the University Pediatric Foundation. Sid also is a past chair of the Governing Council of the Probate and Trust Law Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association. He has been a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel since 1977, has been included in The Best Lawyers in America since 1983 and consistently selected for inclusion in Minnesota Super Lawyers®.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, 1977 to present
- Member, American, Minnesota State and Wisconsin State Bar Associations
- Past board member and former Chairman of the University Pediatrics Foundation, University of Minnesota
- Past trustee, Minnesota Medical Foundation, University of Minnesota
- Past member of the Jewish Community Foundation Board of Trustees
- Served on the task force of the Uniform Marital Property Act
- Served as chair of the Governing Council, Probate and Trust Law Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 1964
- B.A., with honors, University of Minnesota, 1961
- State of Minnesota
- State of Wisconsin