Paul D. Cassidy
Director, Government Relations Practice Group
150 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Paul Cassidy joined the legislative practice at Leonard, Street and Deinard in 2002. He leads our Government Relations Team at the Minnesota State Capitol. Paul has more than 24 years of legislative and regulatory experience in a broad range of areas including energy, telecommunications, insurance, banking, transportation, health care and general business climate issues. Paul served from 1989 to 1991 as the Executive Assistant to the Commissioner of the Department of Commerce under the administration of Governor Rudy Perpich.
Paul’s specific areas of experience and expertise include:
- Representing clients before state agencies, including the Minnesota Department of Commerce, Department of Health, Public Utilities Commission, Pollution Control Agency and other regulatory agencies;
- Counseling clients in the areas of public relations and public affairs, including message development, crisis counseling and grass roots organization;
- Legislative representation, strategic development, bill drafting, public relations and communications, and direct lobbying of legislation; and
- Local government, representing local corporations and institutions before local governmental bodies including the cities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul.
Paul was selected as one of Minnesota’s “Power Players” in politics by Minnesota Law & Politics magazine.
Paul is not a licensed attorney.
- B.A., Concordia University, 1986