150 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Jill Radloff is the Chair of the Corporate and Securities practice group. She regularly advises our public company clients on SEC compliance matters and governance issues. Her mergers and acquisition experience includes stock and asset purchases of a full range of sizes representing both buyers and sellers. Jill represents a number of growth and venture capital firms with equity and debt financings across the country as well as start-up and growth companies looking to secure equity and debt financings. She has also worked on a number of cross-border transactions and financings in a variety of industries including energy, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, and software businesses. Jill has given numerous presentations related to securities regulation, accounting for lawyers, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, stock-option expensing, JOBS and Dodd-Frank Acts. She is a frequent contributor to our Dodd-Frank and securities law blog at www.dodd-frank.com.
She has been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers®-Rising Stars by Minnesota Law & Politics magazine, and named an Up & Coming Attorney by Minnesota Lawyer magazine. Jill is also listed in the Chambers USA Guide for America’s Leading Lawyers in the area of Corporate/M&A.
Prior to joining the firm, Jill served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable James B. Loken of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
View a video testimonial about Jill and the Public Companies and Securities practice.
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Black Ridge Oil & Gas, Inc (formerly known as Ante5, Inc.); PIPE transaction consisting of private placement of common stock and warrants and a subsequent resale registration statement for shares issued in the offering with the SEC.
- Enhanced Capital Partners; a national investment firm with more than $400 million under management specializing in investments in small and mid-size companies.
- LFE Capital Funds; assisted in the organization and financing of this venture fund primarily directed at businesses owned by women or developing products for women. Jill also represents this fund in its portfolio investments.
- Secure Energy Services, Inc and Marquis Alliance Energy Group USA, Inc; acquisition of two salt-water disposal facilities and the regulatory process of permitting full service terminals for oil field waste treatment and disposal in North Dakota.
- LodgeNet Interactive Corporation; several transactions including its sale to Colony Capital, LLC in March 2013 and its prior $380 million purchase of On Command Corporation and its $15 million acquisition of StayOnline, Inc. Jill also assisted LodgeNet in its $225 million tender offer for its outstanding high yield debt.
- St. Cloud Wireless; $312.5 million sale of its Northern PCS operating subsidiary to Sprint-Nextel.
- Allianz; $310 million sale of its life reinsurance business to Reinsurance Group of America, Inc., and its $140 million sale of its health products division to HCC Life Insurance Company.
- Digital Cyclone; acquisition by Garmin Ltd. for $45 million.
- Norwesco, Inc; sale to Olympus Partners for $300 million.
- Guardian Energy; acquisition of Janesville, Minnesota and Lima, Ohio ethanol plants.
- Two Harbors; number of public common stock offerings totaling over $2 billion and their contribution of their portfolio of approximately 2,200 single family residential properties to Silver Bay Realty Trust Corp. (SBY) in exchange for $329,000,000 of Silver Bay’s common stock. The transaction occurred in connection with Silver Bay’s $245,000,000 initial public offering.
Publications and Presentations
- Regular contributor to Dodd-Frank blog at dodd-frank.com
- Panelist, “The Ethics of Corporate Compliance in the Age of Sarbanes-Oxley, Dodd-Frank, and HIPAA/HITECH,” University of Minnesota Law School (forthcoming June 19, 2013)
- Panelist, “Comments on Comments: Review of Recent SEC Comment Letters,” SEC Legal, Accounting & Compliance Issues Update (forthcoming May 29, 2013)
- Co-presenter, “JOBS Act and Other SEC and Dodd-Frank Developments,” 2012 Business Law Institute, May 2012
- Co-presenter, “Dodd-Frank’s Effect on Private Placements, Private Equity, Hedge Funds and Venture Capital,” 2011 Business Law Institute, May 2011
- Co-author, “Dodd-Frank Act Impacts Minnesota Companies and Investors,” The Hennepin Lawyer, October 2010
- Co-presenter, “The Effect of the New Law on Private Placements, Private Equity, Hedge Funds and Venture Capital,” New Wall Street Reform Act, September 2010
- J.D., summa cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 2000
Editor-in-chief, Minnesota Law Review, 1999-2000
Order of the Coif
- B.A., summa cum laude, Accounting/Business Administration, Northwestern College, 1997
- State of Minnesota, 2000