150 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Affordable Housing
- Banking and Financial Services
- Commercial Real Estate
- Land Use
- Real Estate
- Residential Development
Gina Fox focuses her practice in the areas of finance, commercial real estate and construction. She represents sellers, buyers, borrowers, tenants, landlords and developers in all aspects of commercial real estate, examining every deal in a practical, logical manner and finding creative solutions to get the deal done.
She specifically practices in the areas of:
- AIA construction contracts
- Affordable housing
- Common interest communities
- Residential construction contracts
- Land use
- Real estate and shopping center development
- Real estate finance
- Residential housing development
- Commercial lending
Gina helps clients in every stage of a project—from acquisition and government approvals to financing and development. She negotiates purchase and option agreements and construction contracts, assists with due diligence and financing, and helps structure, negotiate and draft operating easement agreements, declarations for shopping center developments, and leases.
Gina is a frequent lecturer at industry-related and continuing legal education seminars on real estate issues, focusing primarily on leasing topics, common interest communities and construction contracts.
In 2012, Gina became a Certified Real Property Law Specialist and was also selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers®-Rising Stars by Minnesota Law & Politics magazine.
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Legal Team, Builders Association of Minnesota (BAM)
- CCIM Board Member; Co-Chair of Education Committee
- 2010 LINC Program graduate
Gina approaches each project from the client’s perspective, both in structuring the transaction and in executing the client’s plan. The following representative transactions demonstrate the breadth of her experience:
- Assisted a national developer in successfully collecting on mechanics’ liens filed in four states.
- Represents a national restaurant chain in an aggressive, nationwide expansion campaign.
- Represents a regional-based retailer in a statewide expansion and acquisition campaign.
- Represents a local developer in purchasing and financing office buildings and shopping centers in the Twin Cities area.
- Prepared a complicated operating easement agreement for a mixed-use office and housing facility.
Gina has developed presentations for industry associations, law schools, legal groups and government agencies on a variety of real estate and construction topics.
- Author, "Starting Over with Distressed Commercial Property," Finance & Commerce, April 2010
- “CIC Disasters - 10 Ways for Developers and Associations to Avoid or Minimize Litigation Risks,” Minnesota CLE Real Estate Institute, 2009.
- “Owners’ Guide to the 2007 AIA Documents,” Minnesota CLE Real Estate Institute and webinar, 2009-2010.
- “A201-2007: The Key Changes You Need to Know,” presentation to the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency, 2009.
- “The Eye of the Storm: Real Estate Practice in Troubled Times,” presentation to William Mitchell College of Law, 2009.
- “Top Ten Traps for Developers and Common Interest Communities in a Down Market,” Presentation, 2008.
- “Negotiating Commercial Leases,” Sterling Education Seminar, 2008.
- “2007 Revisions to the AIA Standard Forms of Agreement,” Minnesota Construction Association, 2008.
- J.D., summa cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law, 2005
- B.A., summa cum laude, Hamline University, 2000
- State of Minnesota, 2005