150 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Corporate and Business
- Information Technology
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Business Group
- Public Companies and Securities
- Venture Capital & Private Equity
Eric Skytte is a shareholder in the firm’s Corporate Securities practice group. He has more than 15 years of experience representing business organizations ranging from entrepreneurial start-ups to large national and global companies. With a focus on reaching practical and sensible solutions to the complex and varied issues faced by businesses today, Eric’s multidisciplinary practice experience provides clients with a depth of perspective that helps them prioritize and minimize risk while accomplishing business objectives. He understands the need for responsive counseling, efficient project management, and providing timely and effective solutions.
Eric’s clients operate across a broad spectrum of industries, including technology, life sciences, financial services and manufacturing. He regularly advises clients in areas that include general corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, private debt and equity securities financings, joint venture structuring and negotiations, complex commercial agreements, product and service distribution and supply, and intellectual property licensing.
Prior to joining the firm, Eric served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Paul A. Magnuson, then Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota. He has been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers®-Rising Stars.
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Represented G&K Services, Inc. in its acquisition program, advising on over $100 million in transactions to date.
- Represented Microsoft Corporation on intellectual property matters related to its acquisition, venture integration, business development and divestiture activities, including transactions in China, Switzerland, Australia, France, England and Israel.
- Represented Computer Network Technology Corporation in its $190 million acquisition of Inrange Technologies Corporation and its subsequent sale to McDATA Corporation for $235 million.
- Represented Digital Cyclone in its acquisition by Garmin Ltd. for $45 million.
- Represented Expanets, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the sale of their consolidated assets to Avaya Inc. The transaction involved a vigorous auction in which Avaya Inc. replaced the original stalking-horse purchaser, Cerberus California, Inc. The aggregate purchase price was $152 million.
- J.D., magna cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law, 1996
- B.A., Philosophy, Wheaton College, 1990
- State of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota