150 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Dominic Cecere is chair of Leonard, Street and Deinard’s Labor and Employment Law group. He focuses his practice in the areas of labor relations, labor negotiations, employment law and litigation. Dominic has represented national and international businesses in NLRB trials, labor arbitrations and labor contract negotiations, and he has defended employers before state, local and federal agencies as well as state and federal courts. He devotes a significant amount of time counseling non-union employers on maintaining their non-union status through positive employee relations practices, and works closely with unionized clients to develop strategies for dealing efficiently and effectively with their workforce. Prior to joining Leonard Street and Deinard, Dominic was a shareholder in the law firm of Doherty, Rumble & Butler, where he served as the head of Doherty’s Labor and Employment group, as well as the chair of the firm’s Recruiting Committee.
Dominic is regularly named among The Best Lawyers in America and is recognized as one of America’s leading business lawyers by Chambers USA. He is consistently selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers® and was recognized as a 2007 Attorney of the Year by Minnesota Lawyer magazine. He regularly provides in-house seminars for clients, has authored several articles relating to labor and employment law and has participated in numerous local, regional and national seminars. He also devotes a significant amount of time providing pro bono legal services and counseling to children on behalf of the Children’s Law Center of Minnesota.
Dominic graduated cum laude from William Mitchell College of Law, where he spent his last semester studying international and European community law while interning with a Barrister of The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn, in London, England. Prior to law school, he owned and operated his own business, an experience that allowed him to gain practical insights into the types of employee relations issues his current clients face on a daily basis.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Chair, Leonard, Street and Deinard’s Labor and Employment Department
- Pro bono attorney, Children’s Law Center of Minnesota
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Speaker, “Social Media Developments,” “Hiring,” and “Leave Issues,” Employment Law Update, January 16, 2013
- J.D., cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law, 1990
- B.A., cum laude, Political Science and English, University of St. Thomas, 1984
- State of Minnesota
- State of North Dakota
- State of South Dakota
- State of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit