150 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
David Jenson is a business attorney whose practice focuses on serving clients across a variety of business sectors in the areas of securities transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and general transactional matters.
David has experience representing issuers, purchasers, and broker-dealers in private securities transactions, as well as public companies in registered securities offerings. David also provides counsel to public companies on ‘33 Act and ‘34 Act matters, including periodic reporting.
David’s strategic transaction experience includes representation of clients across business sectors such as radio broadcasting, industrial manufacturing, financial services, medical technology, software development, and energy production (including wind, ethanol, and biodiesel), plant construction, and transmission. David has served as the lead attorney and single point of contact for clients on transactions and has also worked effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary transactional teams on matters valued at up to $1 billion, where his work has included Hart-Scott-Rodino compliance.
Aside from securities and strategic transactions, David is also a problem solver and advisor for clients on day-to-day business matters such as entity formation and governance, shareholder/buy-sell agreements, contract negotiation and drafting, and corporate and partnership tax issues.
David has authored articles on business law and immigration matters, has been a speaker on corporate law topics at the annual Minnesota Business Law Institute, and is a contributor at Dodd-Frank.com, Leonard, Street and Deinard’s blog providing full coverage of the implementation and impacts of the Dodd-Frank Act and the JOBS Act.
David is committed to pro bono service through his representation of indigent clients in the areas of family law and immigration/naturalization.
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Represented Atlantic Power Corporation in closing its $1.12 billion acquisition of energy fund Capital Power Income, L.P. Also represented Atlantic Power Corporation in its $85.5 million purchase of the Path 15 transmission line in California. Atlantic Power is a leading publicly traded, power generation and infrastructure company headquartered in Boston.
- Represented Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc. with the corporate and intellectual property, due diligence, antitrust filing and employment and benefits issues, which led to the successful purchase of 17 radio stations in Washington, D.C., Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati for $525 million from Bonneville International Corporation.
- Represented MEDTOX in an active auction process and merger agreement for sale to Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (NYSE: LH) for approximatley $250 million.
- Represented Sherburne Tele Systems Inc. in its sale for $80.6 million to Iowa Telecommunications Services, Inc.
Publications and Presentations
- Co-presenter, “What is the JOBS Act/Crowdfunding and How Will it Impact Medical Device Funding for Early Stage Companies?,” Design of Medical Devices Conference, April 9, 2013
- Co-presenter, “Securities Law Essentials for Growing Companies,” 2013 Minnesota Closely Held Business Conference, January 15, 2013
- Co-author, “Dodd-Frank Act Impacts Minnesota Companies and Investors,” The Hennepin Lawyer, October 2010
- Author, “Drafting a Successful Fee Waiver,” Hearsay (a publication of the Minnesota State Bar Association), Fall 2009
- Author, “From Deference to Restraint: Using the Chevron Framework to Evaluate Presidential Signing Statements,” 91 Minn. L. Rev. 1908, 2007
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 2008
Phi Beta Kappa
Staff member, Minnesota Law Review, 2006-2007
Note and comment editor, Minnesota Law Review, 2007-2008
Recipient, Minnesota Law Review Memorial Award for Outstanding Staff
- B.A., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, English, Latin, and Secondary Education, University of North Dakota, 2005
University of North Dakota Presidential Scholar, 2000-2005
Recipient, Daniel Sheridan English Education Award, 2005
Recipient, College of Arts and Sciences Robert D. and Mary F. Furst
Scholarship Award, 2004
- State of Minnesota, 2008