150 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
Bryce Young is an associate in the Business and Commercial Litigation practice group. He enjoys working on all types of litigation, and has a wide variety of experience working on litigation matters involving products liability, employment, class action, antitrust, securities lending, and shareholder disputes. Bryce is well-versed in all manners of discovery, including predictive coding software, on cases ranging from defending against small subrogation claims to federal multidistrict class action antitrust litigation. He utilizes these experiences to manage discovery in a manner that efficiently and effectively positions the client’s case for trial. From pretrial discovery to negotiating a settlement to appellate advocacy, Bryce is committed to providing excellent legal advocacy and unparalleled client service.
Before joining the firm, Bryce served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Alan C. Page, Helen M. Meyer, and Christopher J. Dietzen of the Minnesota Supreme Court. Bryce also served as an extern for the Honorable Daniel C. Moreno of the 4th Judicial District Court–Hennepin County. From these experiences, Bryce possesses a unique understanding of district court, appellate proceedings, and the interplay between the two.
Born with a form of Muscular Dystrophy, Bryce utilizes an electric scooter for mobility and is the proud owner of a Helping Paws service dog. As such, he gladly serves as an advocate for people with disabilities. He lives in St. Paul with his wife, Ruth, also an attorney.
Bryce is proud to be a member of Leonard, Street & Deinard, which is routinely recognized by our peers and clients as a top law firm. While our clients’ successes are the barometer by which we gauge our success, our firm is grateful for the many regional and national awards we have received, including:
- achieving a Tier 1 ranking at both national and Minneapolis metropolitan levels from US News - Best Lawyers for Product Liability Litigation – Defendants.
- being named a “2013 Go-To Law Firm” by ALM, publisher of Corporate Counsel, The American Lawyer and The National Law Journal.
- receiving the 2012 HCBA diversity award.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Federal Bar Association
- California State Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Goodwill/Easter Seals—motivational speaker, job coach
- Helping Paws—service dog demonstration team, fund-raising
- Catholic Charities—food service to the homeless in Minneapolis
- Everybody Wins! Reading Program—weekly reader to first graders
- Volunteer, Irish Music and Dance Association board of directors
- Board member, The University of St. Thomas School of Law Alumni Board (2013–15)
- Board member, The Lawyer’s Guild of St. Thomas More, Minnesota Chapter (2012–13)
- Board member, University of St. Thomas Law Journal Alumni (2010–present)
- 2013 update of Damages in Business Tort Actions, a chapter in MINNESOTA BUSINESS TORTS DESKBOOK.
- Bryce Young, Recovering Lost Profits: The Resurrection of Subsidiaries, 8 UNIV. ST. THOMAS L.J. 275 (2011)
- Bryce Young, Foreword: Exxon/Valdez Revisited: Rights and Remedies, 7 UNIV. ST. THOMAS L.J. vii (2010)
- “Professional Networking with a (Dis)Ability” (working paper)
-St. Thomas Lawyer (2010)
-Helping Paws Annual Report (2010)
-UST Law Disability Advocacy (video)
- Panelist discussing “Successfully Communicating with Clients” to 3L students at the University of St. Thomas School of Law (2012)
-Co-panelists were Michelle Miller (Vice President and Chief Counsel for Employment Law at Medtronic, Inc.) and R. Lawrence Purdy (Of counsel at Maslon, Edelman, Borman & Brand, LLP)
- “Mock” Justice, simulated oral arguments to prepare litigants before the Minnesota Supreme Court (2012)
- Keynote address, Helping Paws Annual Fundraiser (2010)
- J.D., summa cum laude, University of St. Thomas School of Law
Editor-in-chief, University of St. Thomas Law Journal
- B.A., summa cum laude, Economics, University of St. Thomas
- State of Minnesota
- State of California
- District of Minnesota
- Eastern District of Wisconsin