150 South Fifth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Corporate and Business
- Nonprofit and Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Private Business Group
- Public Companies and Securities
- Tax Law
Allison Woodbury practices in the areas of federal income tax and state income, sales/use and property tax, providing advice to individuals, private and public companies, and tax-exempt organizations. She works primarily on transactions involving corporate, partnership and other business forms. Allison advises clients on the tax consequences of entity formation, mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, financings, liquidations and day-to day operations of the business.
Allison also handles state and federal tax controversies and litigation. She has represented clients at the audit and administrative appeal level, as well as representing clients in tax court.
Allison began her legal career at the IRS Office of Chief Counsel, Large and Mid-Size Business Division, which deals exclusively with corporations, subchapter S corporations and partnerships with assets greater than $10 million. At the chief counsel’s office, she provided tax law advice to revenue agents in audits and litigated Tax Court cases.
Professional and Civic Activities
- American Bar Association, Tax Section and Energy Section
- Chairperson, Tax Council, Minnesota State Bar Association, Tax Law Section
- Former Tax Council Vice-chair 2010-2011, Former Tax Council Treasurer 2009-2010, Former Tax Council Secretary 2008-2009, Minnesota State Bar Association, Tax Law Section
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Tax Law Section
- Board of Directors of NAPABA-MN Foundation
- J.D., cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 2004
- B.A., summa cum laude, English, Jamestown College, 2000
- State of Minnesota, 2004
- U.S. Tax Court, 2004